The first series of free activities have been scheduled at Mercer Free School as follows:
– Bike maintenance, Jun. 12 at 10am (new date/time), Ewing Branch/MCLS
– Calligraphy for beginners, Jun. 5 & 12 at 1pm, Ewing Branch/MCLS
– Haiku, Jun. 7 & 21 at 7pm (new date/time), Ewing Branch/MCLS
– Meditation, Jun. 12 at 2pm, Jul. 7 at 7pm, Aug. 7 at 11am, Ewing Branch/MCLS
– Sushi cooking, Jul. 10 at 12pm (new session), Ewing (private home)
In addition, the school has the following upcoming/requested activities: Children’s play group, Computers, Food gardening, Healthy cooking with children, Homeschooling, Household troubleshooting, Hypermiling, Poetry, Self publishing, and more. Interested participants and potential facilitators are invited to contact the school. The list of the activities is available on our activities page.
Mercer Free School (formerly Ewing Free School) was launched in March 2010 to provide the local community in/near Mercer County, NJ a means to share self-motivated learning experience for free. As long as no space/safety/regulatory issues are involved, anyone can facilitate activities and anyone can participate in them. In addition, the school has no physical space and absolutely no budget. Furthermore, it is a “free” school also in the sense that it is not controlled by obligation or the will of another.
For more information, visit us at: http://mfs.insi2.org
Disclaimer: Permission to use the community rooms/space does not imply library sponsorship or endorsement of any group or program.